Welcome!

Meet Summer ...

A very special dog who has survived all odds.


Her perseverance and determination is proof that no matter what life throws at you; the good and the bad, the opportunities, obstacles and challenges ... anything is possible!

We all need a Summer to remind us that we are not alone. So, sing along ...

"...Call on me brother, when you need a hand. We all need somebody to lean on. I just might have a problem that you'd understand. We all need somebody to lean on!"

Her inspiration is contagious!

Be one of Summer's fans and follow her "paws-i-tive" journey.

**If you are just joining us, you'll want to start from the beginning with her post on August 8th, 2011, as her journey begins.**


"UNDER THE WEATHER"

December 2nd, 2011

REALLY?  Well, I am officially on bladder infection number 5.  Off to the vet we went again.  The girls had decided it is time to do a "culture" to find out what is going on and what antibiotics I am resistant too.  I just got over the last one and BAM!, here is another one.  Besides feeling icky, I am leaking everywhere, which is really upsetting me since I am SO "potty trained."

I so love being with everyone in the house.  I would see the other dogs hanging out on the couch and I decided it was time to join them.  So, up I go, onto to couch ... and sing my own version of "We are family."  "We are family ... all my brothers and sisters and me.  Get up everybody and sing."

You should see me go up and down the ramp from the house to the yard.  I can really move when I want to.  Jewel will hear this "thump, thump, thump" and guess what, I'm waiting at the door to be let in. 

Yup, I'm a house dog and I am part of the pack!

Jewel, Brooke and I went to see Harmony for appointment number two of acupuncture and chiropractic treatments. I get to cuddle with Jewel on the soft bed while I am getting treated.  I'm not to sure about the loud "pop" of the chiropractic tool.  It doesn't hurt, it is just an unnerving sound.

Three months ago I had no "reaction" when the docs or the girls would pinch between my toes of my left hind foot.  Now, I am jerking that leg back!  So much progress in such a short time!

Now for the big "weigh in" update and more success stories!  I weighed 107 (on the nose) at the vet's the other day.  That's 20+ pounds since those "singing angels" picked me up at the vet's back in August.  I am heading down to the 100 pound mark - how COOL is that?

I hear I am inspiring other dogs and people ... who would have ever thought?

Brooke just told me that Chevy, her rescue boy has lost 7 pounds!  And Tipper, a Jack Russell Terrier mix who they see on their walks, who was abandoned and adopted by a wonderful couple, has lost just about 1/2 of his body weight.  He started at 41 pounds and is now 22 pounds.  He looks like a completely different dog!  He has so much more energy and is so much healthier.  WAY to GO, guys!

See, anyone can do whatever they put their mind to ... and always remember that there are "inspirations" and angels everywhere.  Keep up the good work everyone!

Heading off for a nap.  Hoping to be up and feeling much better soon!

~ Summer
© Summer’s Journey – All Rights Reserved

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please, NO Spammers, Selling of goods/services, unrelated links OR inappropriate comments!