Welcome!

Meet Summer ...

A very special dog who has survived all odds.


Her perseverance and determination is proof that no matter what life throws at you; the good and the bad, the opportunities, obstacles and challenges ... anything is possible!

We all need a Summer to remind us that we are not alone. So, sing along ...

"...Call on me brother, when you need a hand. We all need somebody to lean on. I just might have a problem that you'd understand. We all need somebody to lean on!"

Her inspiration is contagious!

Be one of Summer's fans and follow her "paws-i-tive" journey.

**If you are just joining us, you'll want to start from the beginning with her post on August 8th, 2011, as her journey begins.**


I DID IT!

**Monday, June 18, 2012**

Hello FANS!  On August 15th, 2011, I left the vet's to start my journey with Jewel and everyone who believed in me at 127 pounds.  Dr. B. and the girls figured that when I was originally rescued that I probably weighted 137 pounds or more. 

On Monday, June 18th, 2012, just 10 months later, I have reached my goal weight and tipping the scale at a slim, trim and healthy 81.5 pounds!  I have lost at least 56 pounds!  I am "looking GREAT" if I don't say so myself.

Jewel, Mercy and I celebrated with a plain hamburger and I even got the bun!  Now that was a real treat and I know that I won't be "dining" on those very often (so I can keep my healthy weight and lifestyle), but boy, was that yummy!

August 2011 - Before


June 2012 - Now :)
Just wanted to share the GREAT news with you!  Remember, be healthy, eat healthy, and live every day to the fullest!

I'll be in touch soon!

~ Summer

BTW - The first day of Summer is June 20th!


© Summer’s Journey – All Rights Reserved





No comments:

Post a Comment

Please, NO Spammers, Selling of goods/services, unrelated links OR inappropriate comments!