Welcome!

Meet Summer ...

A very special dog who has survived all odds.


Her perseverance and determination is proof that no matter what life throws at you; the good and the bad, the opportunities, obstacles and challenges ... anything is possible!

We all need a Summer to remind us that we are not alone. So, sing along ...

"...Call on me brother, when you need a hand. We all need somebody to lean on. I just might have a problem that you'd understand. We all need somebody to lean on!"

Her inspiration is contagious!

Be one of Summer's fans and follow her "paws-i-tive" journey.

**If you are just joining us, you'll want to start from the beginning with her post on August 8th, 2011, as her journey begins.**


GONE TO THE DOGS!

Friday, September 9th, 2011

This has been another incredible week!  I got to "walk" down to the house, yard and field!  Did you catch it - WALK?  Get this, I am actually getting up more and more and walking with very little support from my front and rear helpers!  Isn't that just AWESOME?


Every day now I get to hang out with my new 4-legged friends and see "up close and personal" what they bark at and run after.  Usually it is cars driving by, people on their bicycles or "just 'cuz they can."  (It's something that only dogs understand.)

Did you know that there is a TURKEY that lives here at "Foster Farms" Retreat?  Her name is Ms. Valentine and she was rescued too!  The other day, I was really excited when it was time to head down the hill and join the rest of the "black pack."  I stopped to rest (like I usually do) and heard this "cluck" and saw her in her pen.  I was so intrigued by this white, feathery bird that I bulldozed my way over to her and flopped down.  (Yes, you can do that with 120 pounds working for you.)


I found out that Ms. Valentine is really social and had a lot to say to me in "turkey talk."  I was enchanted by her and her clucking, gobbles, cackles, and purrs, I wasn't going anywhere!  We had a long conversation about how lucky we both were, how and why we were rescued and how good our lives were now.  Well, I made another new friend and the dogs in the yard could wait for now.

Since I am such a sucker for car rides, I ended up at visit number TWO at the "water spa" (Not so much) and to see my friend Joy.  No offense, but if I had my way, I'd hang out with my new friends and skip my hydrotherapy workouts all together.  But of course, the girls won't hear of that!

First, the ritual weigh in ... drum roll ... 122.2 pounds.  I know how the contestants feel every week on The Biggest Loser - every pound is an accomplishment and a celebration!

Then on to the hard work.  When the 6 minutes were finally over I got up (on my own) and headed toward the computer where the girls were busy scheduling my next sessions of "PT."  Although it feels like "pain and torture," it will help me heal!


I walked 8 to 10 steps before Jewel raced over to "rescue" me before I made it to the slick cement floor.  Don't tell Jewel but I wasn't coming to help book the next visit - I was actually heading to the door ... to the car ... and back to the yard to hang out with all my new friends.

See Ya!
~ Summer

Copyright - Summer's Journey 2011 - All rights reserved

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please, NO Spammers, Selling of goods/services, unrelated links OR inappropriate comments!