Welcome!

Meet Summer ...

A very special dog who has survived all odds.


Her perseverance and determination is proof that no matter what life throws at you; the good and the bad, the opportunities, obstacles and challenges ... anything is possible!

We all need a Summer to remind us that we are not alone. So, sing along ...

"...Call on me brother, when you need a hand. We all need somebody to lean on. I just might have a problem that you'd understand. We all need somebody to lean on!"

Her inspiration is contagious!

Be one of Summer's fans and follow her "paws-i-tive" journey.

**If you are just joining us, you'll want to start from the beginning with her post on August 8th, 2011, as her journey begins.**


REALLY?

Friday, September 17th, 2011

Have you ever had a coach or a trainer at a health club that was relentless?  Welcome to my world!  I didn't realize that I was scheduled for TWO hydrotherapy visits this week.  REALLY?  These girls are hard core.

My weight keeps coming off - slowly but safely!  The first visit with Joy this week I weighed 121.8 and then 120.6 on the second.  That means I have lost 7 pounds in just about a month.

Everyone is so proud of me ~ the progress I've made and the weight I've lost.  It is starting to show.  My face is thinner and my skin is getting loose.  I may be a candidate for a tummy tuck down the road ...

Knowing that "big swim" is next, I sing the Little Engine that Could song to myself - knowing that it is only 8 minutes of my life.  Last week it was 6 minutes, what's up with that?  I can hear Joy, Jewel, and Brooke cheering me on - "You can do it," "Go girl, Go girl," and "Way to go Summer, you are AWESOME!"


I really do have angels everywhere.  This week, one of Joy's customers donated three more sessions to ME, in loving memory of her dog, Ravenstroke.  I am so thankful, humbled and lucky ... I will work extra, extra hard!

However, I really struggled this week 'cuz I didn't feel good.  I think I have another one of those nasty bladder infections.  (Unfortunately they are very common with dogs like me who have limited mobility.  It is hard for me to empty out my bladder completely and the risk of bacteria - Sorry, I know ... too much information!)  So Joy suggested we take a break for a week so I could rest, which was A-OK by me.

Speaking of mobility ... now that I am getting up more and more, everyone is worried that I may do too much and possibly hurt myself.  The fact is that my left side of my body is so much weaker than my right (from not being able to get up, exercise, and spending all that time laying on my left side.)

So the girls and the professionals are talking amongst themselves about some other alternatives for my long-term rehab.  (Oh my, one of them involves needles ... called acupuncture and the other one is kinda like "snap, crackle and pop." Nope not the cereal, it's chiropractic treatments.)

Like all humans, they all have their own opinion about what is "right" for me.  (Remember the whole debate just around the kind of food I should have?)  Well, off they went again; analyzing, discussing, agreeing and disagreeing ...

And that's OK, it makes me feel warm and fuzzy knowing that they care so much!

Feeling really punky, so signing off for now.

~ Summer

Copyright - Summer's Journey 2011 - All rights reserved

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please, NO Spammers, Selling of goods/services, unrelated links OR inappropriate comments!